THIS INSURANCE DUPLICATES SOME MEDICARE BENEFITS
This is not a Medicare Supplement Insurance
This insurance pays a fixed amount, regardless of your expenses, if you meet the policy conditions, for one of the specific diseases or health conditions named in the policy. It does not pay your Medicare deductibles or coinsurance and is not a substitute for Medicare Supplement insurance.
This insurance duplicates Medicare benefits because Medicare generally pays for most of the expenses for the diagnosis and treatment of the specific conditions or diagnoses named in the policy.
Medicare pays extensive benefits for medically necessary services regardless of the reason you need them. These include:
- physician services
- outpatient prescription drugs if you are enrolled in Medicare Part D
- other approved items and services
Before You Buy This Insurance
- Check the coverage in all health insurance policies you already have.
- For more information about Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance, review the Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare, available from the insurance company.
- For Help in understanding your health insurance, contact your state insurance department or state health insurance assistance program.
How To File A Claim
To file a claim, call or write the Administrator for claim forms.
Certificate Of Insurance
This information is only a brief description of the principal provisions and features of the Plan. The complete terms and conditions are set forth in the group policy issued by Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company to the Trustee. When you become insured, you will be sent a Certificate of Insurance summarizing your benefits under the Plan.
How To Apply
- Refer to the Plan description for benefits and premium cost as you fill out the Application.
- Make a check payable for the total amount of the premium due payable to: Mercer Consumer, IEEE Group Insurance Program.
- Mail the completed application form with your check to:
P.O. Box 10374
Des Moines, IA 50306-8812
Consider Your Eligibility
Before you request coverage, you must be a member (not affiliate status) in good standing of the Institute and cancer free (except Skin Cancer). Please wait until your application for membership is accepted before initiating your insurance requests. If you have questions about Membership, see IEEE's home page.
"30-Day Free Look"
When you become insured you will be sent a Certificate of Insurance summarizing your insurance coverage. If you are not completely satisfied with the terms of your Certificate, you may return it, without claim, within 30 days. Your coverage will be invalidated and you will receive a full refund-no questions asked!
Questions? We're Only A Phone Call Away
If you have questions about your eligibility ... what the plan covers ... or how to complete the application ... just give us a call toll-free at 1-800-493-IEEE. One of our service representatives will be available immediately to provide you with the information you need.
The Cancer Care Insurance Plan is underwritten by:
Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA.