1. Eligibility: The Marsh U.S. Consumer, a Service of Seabury & Smith, Inc., Sweepstakes Giveaway is limited to legal residents of the United States (except Puerto Rico) who are at least 18 years old. Employees (including immediate family) of Marsh U.S. Consumer or IEEE, and its parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible. By entering, the participant agrees to these Rules of the Game and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Apple, Inc. is not a sponsor or participant in the Sweepstakes and makes no endorsement of the Sweepstakes. iPadTM is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
2. Promotional Period: Promotion runs from January 13, 2012 at 8:00 A.M. Eastern Time (EST), through December 30, 2012 at 11:59:59 P.M. (EST).
3. Entry: Potential participants of the Marsh U.S. Consumer Sweepstakes Giveaway may receive a direct mail kit, self-mailer, blurb, email, newsletter, or an online banner enabling them to access the web URL for this web survey/sweepstakes giveaway. Recipients of these communication pieces will be determined by Marsh U.S. Consumer. No prior or subsequent purchase is necessary to be considered a potential participant or to enter or to win. Each participant should fill in their contact information, fill in their experience(s) with the program (optional), and hit the submit button. All entries must be complete with the participant’s legal name, full address (including city, state, and zip code), and email address. Only one entry per address will be accepted. Any other attempt at Internet or email entry is void. Entries must be received and recorded by a Marsh U.S. Consumer computer by 11:59:59 p.m. December 30, 2012 (EST).
Marsh U.S. Consumer assumes no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries or email; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or technical failures, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
4. General Conditions: The winner will be notified and mailed their prize within two weeks after the sweepstakes giveaway ends. The prize will be delivered by mail. There are four prizes. If the winner is found not to be in compliance with the Rules of the Game, it will result in disqualification. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, the winner will grant to Marsh U.S. Consumer, and those acting pursuant to Marsh U.S. Consumer authority (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use their testimonial and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval.
Participants who provide feedback in regards to their personal experience(s) with the IEEE Member Group Insurance Program, although not required for participation in the sweepstakes, will grant to Marsh U.S. Consumer, and those acting pursuant to Marsh U.S. Consumer authority (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use their testimonial and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval.
By participating each participant releases and agrees to hold harmless Marsh U.S. Consumer, its parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or participation in any Marsh U.S. Consumer Sweepstakes Giveaway related activity. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
Marsh U.S. Consumer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who (i) tampers with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or website; (ii) acts in violation of the Rules of the Game; (iii) acts in violation of the terms of the website, or (iv) acts in any way that discredits or otherwise disrupts the Marsh U.S. Consumer Giveaway, or Marsh U.S. Consumer, including all of its participating entities.
5. Limitations of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL MARSH U.S. CONSUMER, OR ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES GIVEAWAY INTERNET SITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
6. Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules of the Game, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Marsh U.S. Consumer in connection with the Marsh U.S. Consumer Sweepstakes Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Polk County, Iowa.
Sponsored by: Marsh U.S. Consumer, a Service of Seabury & Smith, Inc., 12421 Meredith Drive, Urbandale, IA 50398.